My guest today is Laura Harrison, owner of Less Mess, More Life. Laura has helped make some awesome changes to my home and helped me be motivated to purge things that needed to GO. I’ve gotten organized and transformed our family room. My kids were excited and amazed when they saw the house less cluttered and more functional. Do you want to find inspiration and tips on letting go of all those toys, clothes and extra stuff? Laura has nuggets of wisdom to help you! Join us!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How Laura went from corporate event planning to using her innate skill in organization
- Why Laura loves empowering people to make changes and live an organized life with LESS
- Why taking control brings benefits
- Organized house=calmer mindset
- Getting organized doesn’t mean spending a fortune!
- How Laura helps clients
- How to deal with family heirlooms
- Laura’s process: the walkthrough and the playbook
- The #1 excuse people use? “I don’t have time!”
- Getting started and staying focused
- Why you should start with the linen closet
- Tips if you’re ready to dive in:
- Put “donate” bags in every room
- Walk through and see what needs to be purged
- Let things go!
- The emotional attachment to THINGS (and the actual grief in letting them go)
- Why minimalism can be a scary word
Find Laura on Facebook and Instagram, too!