Dave Taylor is a blogger and writer who focuses on being a single Dad. He and his ex-wife actually began a parenting blog together while they were still married, and he kept it up through his divorce and it has chronicled his struggles and adventures as a single Father.
Dave has the same struggles every parent has, and he tries to focus his blog on the positive and negative aspects of parenting, without using all of his “Daddy-baggage”. Dave has turned his blog into a supportive space for single Dads, and he has also found support through his writing.
Listen to the episode as Dave also discusses:
- How Dave went about building a community
- Dave’s “time off with good behavior”!
- The role Dave’s friends (he has a lot of them!) have played in his single Fatherhood
- How he had to learn to grow a thicker skin
- Why it makes it harder when others to criticize parents for entertainment
- Why men have a learning curve when it comes to nurturing the children
- Society reinforces nurturing behavior with girls, but boys are made fun of for it
- Seeking support with your parenting can also help boost your confidence
- Dealing with emotions of having his oldest daughter go off to college
- The metaphor of parenting and ship building
- Mistakes that Dave and his ex-wife made as a couple
- Getting to know your children and their interests is a great way to stay connected to your children regardless of their age
Connect with Dave: